( ) 1. –What did you show him just now? -Oh, some pictures which ____ on the Great Wall last year. A. are taken B. were taken C. take
( ) 2. I ____ when I heard the bad news. A. can’t help crying B. couldn’t help cry C. couldn’t help crying
( ) 3. –Who ____ you to swim? -I learned it ____. A. taught, by yourself B. taught, by myself C. teaches, by myself
( ) 4. –____ do you think of living in the country? -I think there are many ____ living in a city and living in a country. A. What, different from B. What, differences between C. How, differences between ( ) 5. –They look very tired, but they still ____. Why? -Because they want to make more money ____ their families. A. keep working, to B. keep working, for C. keep work, for
( ) 6. –Who is the ____ boy in your class? -Li Lei is. He is so careful that he makes ____ mistakes in his exam. A. most careful, a few B. more careful, few C. most careful, few
( ) 7. –Are you afraid ____ your teacher? -Yes, we are. We ____ when our teacher comes into the classroom. A. of, stop to talk B. to, stop talking C. of, stop talking
( ) 8. –Have you ever pointed at others with a finger? -No, I think it’s ____ to point at others with a finger in China. A. rude B. polite C. interesting
( ) 9. –Why are you ____? -Because I am ____. A. smiling, happily B. smiling, happy C. smile, happily
( ) 10. Which stress of the following words is different? A. mistake B. common C. example
1. Everyone can’t help __________ after hearing the funny story. ( laugh )
2. Yesterday Wang Dan __________ a mistake again. ( make )
3. To keep __________ at people in China isn’t right. ( point )
4. They are twins, but they are __________ from each other. ( difference )
5. You should write as __________ as possible. ( care )
( different / difference ) 1. They have many __________ in many ways.
2. This coat is __________ from that one. I prefer this one. ( use / useful )
3. Sweaters are __________ for keeping warm.
4. English is a very __________ language in the world. ( look like / look the same )
5. The boy who is standing there __________ Tom’s brother.
Lesson 2 Keys: 一、1-5. BCBCB 6-10. CCABB
二、laughing, made, pointing, different, carefully
三、differences, different, used, useful, looks like