1. Are you for it or a________ it?
2. These i________ workers were sent to the nearest hospital at once.
3. I want to become a p________ athlete and win gold medals for our country.
4. I am so happy to have such a c________ to make a speech here.
5. His father is a l________. He knows a lot about law.
1. There are some reasons against ________ (become) a professional athlete.
2. My brother, Jim has become a ________ (law). He’s very busy every day.
3. We’ll have a difficult time ________ (finish) the work on Sunday.
4. He said that he ________ (help) me with my English if I ________ (help) him with his English.
5. Two people were killed and five got ________ (injure) in that car accident.
1. Tom made a living ________ newspapers when he was young.
A. by sell B. by selling
C. of sell D. of selling
2. —What must you use to give your friend a call?
—A ________ .
A. TV B. computer
C. mobile phone D. camera
3. —Jack is helping me with my English ________.
—Really? It’s very kind of him.
A. all the time B. at that time
C. at the same time D. at times
4. I ________ hope you will have a good time with your English next term.
A. sincerely B. real
C. probably D. lucky
5. —Why do you want to be a lawyer?
—If I become a lawyer, I ________ help people.
A. will can
B. am able to
C. was able to
D. will be able to
________ ________, his dream job is ________ ________ a teacher.
He ________ ________ in an accident.
We ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ to the top of the mountain.
You shouldn’t miss any ________ ________ ________ speaking English.
5. 有一半的工人每月能挣2, 000多元。
________ ________ ________ can get more than 2, 000 yuan ________ ________.
“Last week was Road Safety Week at Jason’s school. All the students had to take part in a talk on road safety which was given by a police officer. The following is what the police officer said. ”
“Most traffic accidents shouldn’t happen. They happen because people are careless. A frequent cause of traffic accidents is speed. Some people drive too fast. This means that if they have to stop suddenly, they cannot stop quickly enough to avoid(避免)hitting other vehicles(车辆)or people. You need to remember this when you are crossing the street or walking along the sidewalk. ”
“It’s not only drivers who cause accidents, however. People on foot-pedestrians, and bicycle riders often cause accidents, too. Pedestrians sometimes walk out into the street without looking. You should always look on both sides before stepping into the street. ”
“Do any of you ride a bicycle? Bicycle riders can cause accidents by changing directions suddenly or without warning other road users. Before you turn left, for example, you should check behind you to make sure there aren’t any cars, trucks or buses coming. You should show with your left hand to tell that you want to turn left. You should not turn until the street is clear. ”
“The rules of the road are very simple. If we learn them and obey them, we should not have accidents any more. ”
1. The main idea of the story is ________.
A. obeying the rules of the road can keep you from having accidents
B. it was Road Safety Week at Jason’s school
C. it’s not only drivers who cause traffic accidents
D. some people have accidents because they drive too quickly
2. Why do most traffic accidents happen?
A. Because people stop their cars suddenly.
B. Because people don’t know the rules.
C. Because people don’t care if they have an accident.
D. Because people are careless.
3. The underlined word“frequent” in the passage means ________ in Chinese.
A. 频繁的 B. 偶尔的
C. 所有的 D. 罕见的
4. Which of the following is the best title for this passage?
A. Road Safety Week
B. A Talk on Safety
C. Safety First
D. Safety and Accidents
Ⅰ. 答案：1. against 2. injured 3. professional 4. chance 5. lawyer
Ⅱ. 答案：1. becoming 2. lawyer 3. finishing 4. would help; helped
Ⅲ. 答案：1～5. BCAAD
Ⅳ. 答案：1. In fact; to be 2. got injured
3. have a difficult time getting
4. chance to practise/chance of practising
5. Half the workers; every month
Ⅴ. 答案：1～4. ADAB