● To use the vocabulary to identify and describe well-known places in Beijing and around the world
● To learn to make suggestions and arrangements
● To learn to talk about different places using facts and opinion
● To develop the ability to select, organize and present information about a place
LANGUAGE POINTS AND FOCUSES
Ourselves, foreign, city, mom, beginning, coach, traffic, sky, model, metal, inside, whole, interest, real, song, Internet, beauty, sunset, possible, themselves, itself, rock, climber, luckily, lucky, final, cheer, win, ticket, medal, per, winner, receive, badly, airport, remember (四会) greeting, greetings, presidents, block, pyramids, home page, movement, main, stomach, view, hide-and-seek, wonder support, fare, supporter, presentation, pack, instead, shuttle(三会) highway, parade, halftime(二会)
keep fit, enjoy oneself, invite sb. to do sth. at the beginning, get on/off a coach, a lot of traffic(不可数), places of interest, all over the world, teach oneself, feel the beauty of the old park, decide/ hope/ choose to do sth. hurt oneself, keep their secret to themselves, cheer for our team, square metres in area
USEFUL SENTENCE PATTERNS
1. The trip from Kitty’s school took about two hours by coach
2. He put his photos on it for everyone to look at
3. They were amazing, weren’t they?
4. I wonder where Simon is hiding.
5. The school bus takes over an hour to get back to my school after lunch.
6. We will make it a really fun day for everyone.
7. If you want to come, please let us know as soon as possible.