【例17】Two or three years ago this kind of glass es was a favorite with the children，but now it _______ .
A. has gone over B. has gone out C. goes by D. is going down
【答案】B 【解析】go out在这是“过时”之意。答案选 B。
【例18】They’ve _______ us ￡150,000 for the house. Shall we take it?
A. provided B. supplied C. shown D. offered
【解析】解答本题时不能只依据表面意思来选择。关注高考热点，关注奇速英语。provide表示“提供”之意，但常构成 provide sb. with sth.(提供某人某物)或 provide sth.for sb.(提供某物给某人);supply也表示“提供”之意，但常构成：supply sb. with sth. 或 supply sth.to sb;show 意为“带路，给某人看”，不合句意;offer常用为：offer sb. sth.(提供某物给某人)。所以答案是 D。
【例19】To everybody’s surprise，the fashionable young lady _______ to be a thief.
A. found out B. proved out C. putout D. turned out
【答案】D 【解析】find out表示“打听，查明”;prove out搭配错误;putout表示“扑灭，熄灭”;turn out表示“证明是，结果是”。故答案为 D。
1. … Ms Chen (teach) me English since Junior 1, and to show my appreciation I decided to get her a present. (广州一模)
2. … I was certain she would like it because I (tell) by my classmates that she loved hot food. (广州一模)
3. … The exam, which was originally to be held in our classroom,__________ (change) to the library at the last minute. .(广州二模)
4. I had to leave work to take him to the hospital because he __________ (break) his finger. (深二模)
5. The child, Nicole Hobson, (take) by her mother to Children's Memorial Hospital about 11 p.m., Wednesday to check …(汕头二模)
6. A transit spokesman said the driver should (make) radio call to the control center for help. (汕头二模)
7. An official from the Ministry of Education said that China follows an educational policy that (encourage) students to study abroad. (茂名二模)
8. One of them was a visitor, saying he wouldn’t have been there if he ______ (watch)the weather forecast the day before. (梅州二模)
9. We must also consider the reaction of the person (receive) the gift. (广州一模)
10 … With the problem (solve), I felt proud of my achievement. .(广州二模)
11 … I then noticed that I had just 10 minutes left_________ (complete) the rest. .(广州二模)
12. There, (place) neatly beside the empty dish ,were two nickels and five pennies—her tip! (深一模)
13. ( compare) with the previous year, the number of students who went abroad for study was increased by 15 ,000, or a rise of 13%. (茂名二模)
14. Storms swept along New Mexico's border with Texas on Friday, ______(destroy) homes and other buildings and injuring…(梅州二模)
15.We must practise speaking and (write) the language whenever we can.
16.but it is not enough only (memorize) rules from a grammar book. (佛山一模)
17. The television viewer makes no choice and no judgment. He is completely passive and has everything ______ (present) to him without any effort on his part. (东莞一模)
Keys: 1. has taught / has been teaching /had taught /had been teaching 2. was told/ had been told 3. was changed 4. had broken 5. was being taken 6. have made 7. encourages 8. had watched 9. receiving 10. solved 11. to complete12. placed 13. compared 14. destroying 15. writing 16. to writing 17. presented